Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 6: The Pursuit of the Trivial

List 30 interesting facts about yourself.

Mother of pearl.  Really?  Kill me now.  I am so tempted to copy one of the eleventy-two of these I've done in the past.  But I won't.  Because I'm stupidly honest like that.

1.  I hate mushrooms.  I will not eat even a little teeny tiny itty bitty piece of a mushroom willingly.

2.  I'm very crafty.  I have dabbled in scrapbooking, needlepoint, jewelry making, rubber stamping, knitting, crocheting, quilting, and making clothes, among other things.  I've got projects from pretty much every department of Michael's and Joann Fabric scattered around my house.

3.  I love photography.  Nearly all of the pictures on my walls are my own photography.  I covet a new camera, preferably a Canon EOS Rebel T3i DSLR with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens.  (Here is a link, just in case you want to buy me one and make all of my photography dreams come true.)  I love nature/landscape photography the most.

4.  I am left-handed.  2/3 of my kids (both boys) are left-handed.  My mom and one of my three brothers are left-handed.  Think it runs in the family or something?

5.  My eyes are very light aqua and are incredibly light-sensitive.  I have to wear sunglasses pretty much 365 days a year.

6.  I prefer cats over dogs.  Don't get me wrong--I love dogs.  Just as long as they belong to someone else.

7.  I love sappy, romantic movies.  And movies based on Jane Austen novels and movies about people in Victorian-type eras.  (I love period dress.  All those beautiful ball gowns!)  I despise horror movies and will not watch them.

8.  Speaking of movies, I have never seen Twilight or any of its sequels.  Don't want to either.  I'm Team Nobody.

9.  If you want to make me really happy, give me a task, along with a notebook and a pen.  I will make list after list until your project is as organized as can be.  I'm a listaholic.

10.  I love school supplies, especially notebooks and pens.  What can I say--I need someplace to write down all of my lists!

11.  I love meat and don't think I could ever become a vegetarian.  I'm trying to lower my consumption of meat, but a life without bacon is a life I don't wanna live, so I will unabashedly eat meat forever.

12.  I love to shop and am an avid bargain-hunter.  I don't remember the last time I paid full price for an article of clothing.  The clearance rack is my best friend, and I love coupons.  There's nothing I like more than getting an item of clothing that started out at $25 for the bargain-basement price of $4.

13.  I hate coming up with 30 interesting facts about myself.  (Yes, I know that's cheating.  Call the Blog Police and turn me in.)

14.  I want to use some of my in-laws' land to start a small Christmas tree farm.

15.  My hubby and I went to Ireland for a (very) belated honeymoon in 2002.  It was an amazing trip and I reallyreallyreally want to go back someday very soon.

16.  My dream vacation would be an extended trip to Australia.

17.  I've never been to Disneyworld.

18.  I'm trying to figure out a way to go to nursing school.

19.  A million years ago, I went to Duquesne University and had a double major of elementary and special education.  Now that I have kids, I can't imagine being a teacher for a living.  I think I'd go insane.

20.  I was raised Catholic and spent 22 years in the Catholic church before getting saved and becoming a born-again Christian.

21.  I was 24 when I got my driver's license.  In the almost 16 years I've been driving,  I've never had an accident, a speeding ticket or even a parking ticket.

22.  Speaking of driving, I can't drive a stick-shift.  I fear that I wouldn't be coordinated enough to figure it out.

23.  My mom and I are very close.  In fact, I consider her my best friend.  My other best friend is Kim, with whom I've been friends for almost 28 years.  She's pretty much the sister I never had.

24.  Todd and I knew each other less than 8 months when he proposed.  My first engagement ring was a marquis-shaped sapphire surrounded by tiny little diamonds.  It's since been replaced with a diamond.

25.  I've never smoked a cigarette.  Not even a single puff.  I've also never tried any kind of illegal drugs.  I was always kind of scared to do it, and it never really appealed to me anyway.

26.  On a good day, I can type almost 100 words/minute.

27.  I love animated movies.  I can watch them over and over.  And I've been known to cry during sappy or sweet scenes.

28.  One of these days, I'm going to follow through on my plan to "go off the grid" as much as possible.  I want to plant a raised bed garden, get chickens and goats, and install a rainwater catching system and solar panels, along with starting a compost heap.

29.  I love trivia games.  Having a head filled with useless knowledge is a distinct advantage over your opponents!

30.  I made it through this blog post!  Hopefully some of these facts are at least semi-interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Soo, you and I are almost polar opposites in a lot of ways... BUT! I love you anyway and I promise to:
    1. Leave out the mushrooms if I invite you for spaghetti dinner.
    3. Buy your dream camera if I ever win the lottery. Heh.
    12. Have a blast with you stalking the clearance racks on a shopping trip!
    13. Hehe, this is where we can find common ground. ;-)
    annnd I could go on and on here but I'll just say, THANK YOU for sharing YOU and turning me on to this crazy challenge! {{{HUGS!!!}}}

    ReplyDelete