Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 13: Stamps in my passport

Talk about somewhere you'd like to move or visit.

This is a blog post I can get behind!  I've always had a great desire to travel, but unfortunately, travelling is expensive so I've been unable to do very much.  But I've always had two places I said I wanted to see before I died:  Ireland and Australia.  I was lucky enough to get to go to Ireland in 2002.  It.  Was.  AMAZING.  It wasn't just that the country was beautiful (it's actually gorgeous), it was the fact that we met so many wonderful people on our tour.  Todd and I were such neophytes when it came to foreign travel--we were terrified about everything!  Once we got over feeling like strangers in a strange land, we had a fantastic time.  It's been almost 10 years since that trip and I still want to go back.  As far as Australia is concerned...I WILL get there some day.  There's just something about the Land Down Under that calls to me.  I don't know quite what it is, though I am pretty sure it's not Vegemite.  I want to see the outback and visit Ayers Rock and Sydney and Melbourne and Darwin and the list goes on and on.  I'd like to stay for at least two weeks, though I don't think even a month would be long enough to explore everything Australia has to offer.  I need to start saving my pennies!

I don't think I'd ever be able to move any further from Pittsburgh than I already have.  Twenty miles was bad enough--any further and I would have a meltdown!  I'm too much of a momma's girl to leave my mom behind.  If she came with us, I might consider moving.  But it would have to be a pretty fabulous place for me to leave my favorite city in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment