Friday, December 2, 2011

Blog Challenge: Day 2

Where you'd like to be in 10 years...

Oooh, this one is a toughie.  I'm hoping that by that point I will no longer be a stay-at-home-mom, since my kids will be nearly sixteen, eighteen and twenty-three by that point.  (They won't need me here after school by then, will they?  Pleasesaynopleasesaynopleasesayno!)  If my primary dream of winning the lottery and becoming a lady of luxury hasn't come true by then (and since I don't actually play the lottery I'm guessing it won't), I'd like to have a career going.  I'm hoping to go to school in the next year or two--for what exactly, I still don't know.  I'd like to get into either the medical field or maybe go to beauty school.  (Two very different career paths, I know.)  My cousin and I have talked about going to the local community college together and taking some non-credit courses in floral arrangement and party planning.  (Another dream of mine is to open a floral boutique/party planning business.)  With Sam and Norah being so young still, it's going to be hard to do nursing school because you have to be available pretty much 24/7.  I've been thinking of taking a phlebotomy certification course as a way to get myself into the field and then adding to it with a laboratory assistant certification and then maybe become a medical assistant.  After caring for my mom while she was sick and giving Jake his weekly injections, I know that I'm less squeamish than I ever thought I was.  On the other hand, I also have a real interest in becoming a stylist and doing hair.  That would definitely be the more playful and fun job!  No blood or guts and the only crying is over a bad haircut.

Sometimes thinking about the future makes my head spin.  I have a LOT of planning to do.  Maybe tomorrow I'll buy a lottery ticket...

No comments:

Post a Comment