Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 6: A photo of an animal you'd love to keep as a pet

A photo of an animal I'd love to keep as a pet, eh?  (Geez, this blog challenge is all photos.  Not a whole lot of writing to do.)  Okay, I'll play along.  I live on a farm, so saying cow or horse or goat would be silly since we already have those animals.  Pigs stink.  (Okay, their poop stinks.  But still.)  Unicorns are hard to find and when you do, they're ridiculously expensive.  (Ha!  Gotcha!)  Rodents...not so much.  (They are incredible poop factories.  We've had rabbits and guinea pigs and all. they. do. is poop.  Pooppooppooppoop!)  I'd love to have chickens, but I don't really consider them pets.  They're not really all that cuddly.

So what would I love to keep as a pet?  Behold...

(Photo from Noozhawk)

Alpacas!  They are adorable, they're useful (alpaca fiber is ahhh-mazing) and they're adorable.  I know I said adorable twice, but look at those faces!  How can you resist that face?  But seriously, click the link under the picture to read a very interesting article about how "green" alpacas are.  As a crocheter, I would la-la-la-LOVE to have access to all the alpaca fiber I could want.

But mostly I want one because they're superduper cute.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for an adorable widdle alpaca punim.

1 comment: