Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 3: Your favorite store

Well, this is certainly a broad topic.  What store is my favorite depends on what I'm shopping for.  Shopping is serious business, and I like to patronize places where I'm gonna get the most bang for my buck, because that's usually all I have to spend:  a buck.

For groceries, I love Aldi.  For craft supplies, I like Joann Fabric.  For home improvement stuff, I like Home Depot.  For clothes, it's Lane Bryant.  For home stuff and pretty much everything else, I like Target, but only if I pronounce it Tar-zhay, because I'm fancy like that.

I also go to The Big Evil (aka Walmart, aka Hellmart), though I feel dirty and ashamed of myself while I shop.  Unfortunately, they usually are the ones who have the things I can't get at the other places.  And they do have really low prices, which is good when you're poor folk like us.

And when I have disposable income (you know, the one time a year that happens), I love to hit the outlets.  You have to be a savvy shopper to tell the difference between a good deal and when you're getting swindled, but that's a challenge I'll take any day.  I'm kooky--I like to brag about how little I spent on something.  The cheaper the better!

1 comment:

  1. *like*
    While I also loathe Hellmart, it's the only place that sells the socks that The Man likes. If I go home with the wrong socks, I'll hear about how much he hates the socks every time he pulls off his work boots and has a massive case of Frog Foot.
    I imagine Frog Foot must be like having pinchy panties: annoying as hell.

    ReplyDelete