Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 4: Your favorite photograph of your best friend

So this post has been vexing me greatly since last night.  I've been tearing my house apart trying to find my favorite photo of my best friend, and it's MISSING.  You'd think a friendship that's spanned nearly 30 years would have produced more photos, but for the life of me, I cannot find what I'm looking for!

I'm going to dig for an old picture to compare, but for now, here's a photo of us from August when we did Color Me Rad.



And just in case you wanted to see the "after":


That's Kim.  My best friend since 1984.  7th grade.  Ms. Saveikis' class.  We've been through it all together-middle school, high school, our weddings, the births of our kids, the loss of our fathers, and all of the everyday stuff in between.  She's the first person I call when something happens.  I don't know what I'd do without her--she's the sister I never had.  And yes, I'm totally getting sloppy and sentimental here.  That's how I roll!

Edited to add:  I found an old picture!  It's not the one I was looking for, but it's actually even older.  This is from my confirmation party.  We were in 8th grade, so that would make it 1986.  And yes, those are Mr. Potato Head accessories on our faces.  We were soooo awesomely cool.



1 comment:

  1. I hate that. I KNOW I have a great picture of me and my bff from 20something *cough cough* years ago. I can't find it.

    BUT! So wonderful that you were able to do your first 5K with your bestie beside you!

    ReplyDelete