Monday, March 26, 2007

Thank God it's....spring

Because I don't think I could have taken much more winter. I looked out the window the other day and noticed that my lilac bush has little green buds all over it. Yesterday, I weeded out my daylily bed and saw the first signs of green pushing through the dirt. Brought a big smile to my face, lemme tell you.

I'm not sure why I live where I do. I hate winter: the snow, the slush, the ice, big, bulky coats, huge heating bills, travel worries...the list goes on and on. White Christmas? Pbbllllttt.....snow doesn't make my Christmas any better; just makes it more bothersome to visit relatives. Give me a spring day any time and I'm a happy girl.

Be sure to check back in August when I'm bitching about how hot it is. Then you can laugh at me and call me fickle!

1 comment:

  1. so, how 'bout snow for easter? i too wonder why i live here in western pa. i can't wait to retire to boca raton.

    ReplyDelete