Friday, March 30, 2007

Green-eyed monster

I am jealous. Really jealous. Green-eyed monster envious. My parents came out last night to show us their new car. New car! *sigh* I have to own up to my envy here. While I am thrilled for them (their last car was a lemon with a capital L), I looked over at my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan and felt more than a twinge of jealousy. My van has 136,000 miles on it and has reached the point where we lay hands on it and pray for it's continued health every time we get in it to go somewhere. Seriously, if I get from point A to point B and back again in one piece then it's been a good trip! One thing I don'tenvy them is their monthly car payment. $410 a month! Yikes! One good thing about an eleven year old vehicle is the payments are really low! But still, I've never experienced that new car smell firsthand so I will remain, at least just a little, envious.

Oh, Publisher's Clearinghouse Prize Patrol, why do you not knock on my door? I am waiting for you...

2 comments:

  1. don't worry "green eyed monster", someday when your kids have grown up and left home, you too will be able to choose between eating and a $410 car payment. you can then drive by all the old favorite restaurants and sigh, because you can't afford to eat there anymore. then you can drive home and try and figure out another way to eat toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that when we have young children, that older cars are the best! I can't tell ya how many fries, cherrios, and other assorted foods I have found the the back seat of our car. Wait till they are gone and do the same as your parents and your kids will be the green eyed monster then!!

    ReplyDelete