Monday, March 25, 2013

Meet the Trifectan: Allow me to introduce myself...


  1. What is your name (real or otherwise)?
    Government name:  Jennifer.  Preferred name:  Nenna, adopted in order to distinguish myself among the eleventy-million-and-six other Jennifers born in the '70s.  Thanks, Mom and Dad, for being completely unoriginal.
  2. Describe your writing style in three words.
    Scatterbrained, snarky, sporadic.  
  3. How long have you been writing online?
    4 years?  5?  Oh wait, it's actually almost 7.  I forgot about the Cafemom years.  And of course, the THREE neglected blogs I'm currently ignoring.
  4. Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?
    None.  I'm lazy and too scared to put myself out there.
  5. Describe one way in which you could improve your writing.
    Only one way?  Probably to just be more dedicated.  I have a tendency to lose interest and motivation easily, and I know that good ideas are wasted (or forgotten) way too often.
  6. What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
    Shut up, stop whining, and just write.  Doesn't matter what the topic is, just write.  Then write some more.
  7. Who is your favorite author?
    Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman, Faye Kellerman, Maeve Binchy, Michael Crichton, Rosamund Pilcher, Barbara Delinsky, Beverly Lewis, to name but a few... 
     
  8. How do you make time to write?
    I don't.  Which is why there isn't a whole lot for me to draw upon for Trifecta entries.
  9. Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember--it must have a third definition.
    Live.
  10. Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading.
    This one is silly, but it's definitely one of my favorites.  It also reminds me of my dad, who passed away almost 3 years ago.
    Ode to a Coffeemaker


    Thanks, Trifecta community, for having me!  I'm excited (and terrified) to be part of this writing adventure.  I'm hoping this will get me out of the writing slump I'm in and help me bring forth something fantastic.  Though at this point, I'd settle for something mediocre as long as it means I'm writing!

2 comments:

  1. *dabbing my eyes gently with the Mr. Coffee filter I keep in my purse*

    Mr. Coffee was so amazing! His younger brother lived with me for 12 years and I still miss him so. 2 years ago, the Rival moved in... my morning cup just doesn't taste the same. *sigh-sniffle-sigh*

    ReplyDelete